The South Carolina Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (SC-ACS) is seeking volunteers for open positions on the Board of Directors.
SC-ACS Board of Directors Open Positions:
- (2) RAS Associate Representative (3-year term)
- (2) RAS Resident Representatives (3-year term)
- (2) Association of Women Surgeons Representative (3-year term)
- (1) Young Fellows Association (YFA) Representative (3-year term)
SC-ACS BOD is also seeking interest in membership for the following Committees:
- Resident Committee
To serve, a candidate must be a member of the American College of Surgeons and the SC-ACS in good standing. Responsibilities include:
- Attending at least two board meetings per year. Usually only one of these meetings is a face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Meeting.
- Providing input and feedback on activities and initiatives of the chapter.
- Assisting in program development and outreach to the specific membership represented by the position.
In return, representatives have the opportunity to interact with surgical leaders in the state, develop leadership experience, and represent the organization in advocacy and public relations.
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a brief letter of interest and description of qualifications to email@example.com by July 30, 2023. Up to two supporting letters may accompany the nomination but are not required.
Please consider joining the leadership of the SC-ACS.